Sunday, January 21, 2007

All we ever do is talk...

This has got to be the most depressing winter ever. The only time I have been glad we didn't have snow was at winter conference. And that was only cuz I had forgotten me shoes and had to do the stress challenge in my clogs. Which wouldn't have been very nice if there had been snow.

Winter conference this year was probably my favorite. Rut Etheridge did an awesome job. God really used him to proclaim His word in a clear and applicable way. The "topic" was The Holiness of the Church. The main passage of scripture was Hebrews 12. I enjoyed my discussion group and really loved my counseling group. Virginia Landow was my counselor. This year I had/got to sleep in an 8-person room. I wasn't too thrilled about that when I got there but I am really glad that I got to room with all the people I did. I was also really happy that Allen and Zach… got to come for the last full day. And Amy was there!

Anyways, Christmas this year was sorta depressing. Sometimes I wonder why it is such a big deal. I mean, I realize that we remember Christ's birth and "mission" but yea. I'm not a "Scrooge" but I'd almost sooner say 'humbug' than 'merry Christmas'. haha jk. This year my family hosted Christmas Eve and Christmas and New Years dinners. I got a little stressed. So, I guess I FELT like saying humbug but just look, I survived and I didn't even get single gray hair or another ulcer. :) (why does everyone either say, "you're too young to have an ulcer!"-friends- or "it's no wonder"-family-?) Fine, I'll admit that I stress out too much and am a "worry-wart" but yea. I think I am getting off topic.

I think this is the first year that I haven't made any New Year's resolutions. Is that bad? I certainly do NOT think that I have nothing to work on. I guess I just thought that if they weren't resolutions that I might actually DO them. jk. This past year has been so different than any year before. I have done new things I have stopped old habits. I have learned from stupid things I have done and grown in my walk with God. I have a better relationship with my parents. I have given counsel and received it in turn. I started driving. hehe I have met and corresponded with people I hadn't really known before. God is so great. He has been faithful to me and held me up even when I was still trying to save myself.

I am currently reading "On Food and Cooking - the Science and Lore of the Kitchen" by Harold McGee. I have already been told that I am extremely nerdy. (by a geek who is studying law no less) jk You may laugh now but I can prolly say that I'll know more about the chemistry of a fish sauce's consistency than you do when I'm done. haha Once you get past the 'nerdiness' of that statement it is actually kinda funny. But, it could be just my nerdy brain. I like this book though for two reasons (well, prolly more but I wouldn't want to bore you any more than I am right now): 1- it is really interesting b/c it's not a cook book but it's all the reasons why; and 2- it recommends Cook Wise (by Shirley Corriher)- the cook book that Andy C. gave me at ECHO. There you go.

"I am living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart"
e e cummings

"To get back on your feet, miss two car payments"
unknown (that's alright, I wouldn't admit to saying this either)

"I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something"
Jackie Mason

"You appeal to a small, select group of confused people"
fortune cookie

Song: "Silly World" -- Stone Sour

5 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger ruthypoo said...

YAY FOR UPDATES! (sheeeeesh it took me forever! COPY&PASTE SHOULD NOT BE THAT COMPLICATED!) Anyway, I have now read through your entire post, and I really liked it. You are always so insightful. :o) No, really. I had to snort at the "I have given counsel and recieved it in turn" part. HA!! I mean...umm...yes, of COURSE you've received counsel in turn. (JUST NOT FROM ME!) You've probably given a lot more than you've gotten, though. But hey, we can't all be as experienced as you, now can we?? Welp, I wish I'd been at WC, but no use whining about it anymore. I'm so glad you had such a lovely time. I love ya tonssss and I will probably talk to you in like 5 mins...if Tamara ever gives me the phone, that is.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Charity said...

OOPS!!! That would be ME...

And don't forget to look at my and T's blogs when you get a chance. :-D

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

Yay, I'm glad you finally updated! :) I think this winter conference was my favorite too. I love the quote from the fortune cookie. Love you -

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Maria JoAnn said...

Heya Rufy,
Don't you love having someone update for you, it is great! :) I had this extremely strange dream last night that We three girls went to WC and it was Tamara's first time and I was showing her around and stuff. But the only people I saw were two people from Kansas that don't even go to WC. It was a little weird. I wish I could have gone this year. And don't forget to look at my blog. I don't know why on earth Charity forgot to mention me. How horribly terrible of her.Well, I hope you are having an amazingly splendid day. I love you Rufy!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Maria JoAnn said...

p.s. great song, and I really like the quote bye Jackie Mason. It made me laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home