Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hey everyone out there. Hope you're having a reall yfun time. I am not right now. I don't know why but I seem to be either really depressed or really hyper/slap-happy. hehe Not like thats any surprise to those of you who actually know me. Tis prolly cuz I have a rare disease called "empathy disorder". (side note: is a disorder ever technically called a disease?) You know, that don't make no sense. It just don't make no sense at all. Well, I wouldn't call it a disease but it sure works like one sometimes. My prob is that I am just to "carried away", or perhaps "moved" is better, by everyones emotions around me. When they are happy, I am happy. When they are sad/depressed, I get depressed. Well, not ALL the time. But a lot. *humph* Now, I am not saying that I am compelled to act or not to act based upon the people I'm with. By all means no. I just tend to let my feelings/emos run away with the crowd. Not good for me a'tall. Well, off that subject/topic what ever you wanna call it.
My cousins + uncles +aunt left this morning. Last night though, My uncles and aunt and I were building a puzzle and we were trying to ignore all the screaming/noise coming from the basement. So, we started talking about kids (surprise surprise). And my aunt was like, "How many kids do you think is the right nomber?" (dialoge to cont. R=me, A=aunt, U=an uncle)
R - Well, I definatley think that 10 is a little too many. I think 7 is a pretty good number but I'll take whatever God gives me.
U - wow, that is still alot. Not that much difference with 7 and 10
R - yea but when it comes to kids, 3 can make a humongo difference
A - well, 7 certainly wouldn't really cut down on the screaming
R - I know but, my kids aint' gonna scream
*all chuckle*
A - well, when you find the secret, come tell us
R - okay.

Anyways, I am kicking myself because I really wanted to say, "Well, your kids would act a WHOLE lot better if you would discipline them. I mean come on! If you raise them so that they know if they scream they get what they want, then duh! They are gonna scream and (excuse the expression) "raise hell" over EVERYTHING. I mean HELLO!!" Well, I am really glad I didn't say that but yea, I wish I could've. But yea. Anyways. I love them, I just don't really know how to witness to them. Welperdoodles.
The End.

"It takes no time to fall in love. But it takes you years to know what love is" Jason Mraz in Life is Wonderful on the Mr. A-Z album (gotta love Jason hehe)

5 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Blogger Charity said...

You know, your "empathy disorder" makes me think of something we were discussing in Bible study on Wednesday. See, God gives people grace to get through their circumstances in which He sets them. He will never give you more than you can handle, yet at the same time He always gives you sufficient strength. So it's kind of like -- in my mind -- 'push a little, give a little'. Anyway, dad was talking about how when someone is suffering, it's usually almost harder on the family and close friends who are observing and feeling the pain that the person is experiencing. His point he made was that it's so hard on the observer because it isn't their trial/circumstance. Therefore, God isn't giving that person the grace to get through that particular trial. He instead gives them grace to be a good, understanding, helpful, caring friend/family member.

Umm...did that make ANY sense? Prolly not. Hehe oh well.

Keep updating! I love your posts. Oh and that is purty hilarious about your conversation...I totally know what you mean about wanting to lecture them on the necessity of child discipline, though. :-P

LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!!!

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Charity said...

wowie...that was LONG!

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Charity said...

p.s. I commented on the post below, as well. :o) HA I am a dork--commenting 3 times in a row. (4 if you count the one below)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey you. I just found your bloggy blog thanks to Charity :)
So. We totally need to hangy the outy.
I forgot your email address... can you email me please??? :) Thanks. Lizab has my email address.
Love you! See you Sunday.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Maria JoAnn said...

Heya Rufy,
Sorry, this is the first time I have commented on you blog. I have been to it before, just never commented. I love you posts. They are great. I think charity has fun comming on your blog. SHe likes the whole 3 comments in a row thinng. That is really funny about your conversation. Well, have a wonderful week! I love you heaps and miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home